The World’s Favourite Online Indices Broker is Now in SA
At AvaTrade.co.za you get to trade the widest possible range of indices on the market. In fact, no other online broker offers as many global options as us. Register with South Africa’s hottest new online brokerage and enjoy a wide range of indexes with generous leverage, competitive spreads and fast execution of trades.
- Confidently trade Asian, European and US indices from the comforts of home or on the go
- Trade markets as you see fit – bullish and bearish options are readily available
- Enjoy competitive leverage as high as 200: 1 when trading indices
- Make use of AvaTrader and MT4 on mobile, desktop and tablet.
- AvaTrade is internationally respected and fully regulated
- We offer our clients 24/5 client support in multiple languages
As one of our registered clients you can begin trading global stock indices with a generous new client bonus of up to $10,000 (R150,000).
Quick Guide to Indices
Indices are financial instruments that group together various stocks sharing similar characteristics. For example, stock index CFDs (Contracts for Difference) represent the value of listed companies such as the NASDAQ Composite Index. This index is a technology-laden index that showcases the leading tech stocks such as Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) and Alphabet Inc, (NASDAQ: GOOG). If companies with the highest weighting in the NASDAQ rise in value, then the NASDAQ Composite Index will also rise in value.
Indices are not confined to large cap stocks, they also represent small cap companies, and there are indices that reflect stocks listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), the Nikkei 225 and the Shanghai Composite Index. Here at AvaTrade.co.za, you have access to 19 stock index CFDs, including the following:
- S&P 500 – The value of the Standard & Poor 500 is based on the share prices of 500 leading US-based companies
- NASDAQ 100 - This index represents the value of 100 non-financial NASDAQ-traded companies
- FTSE 100 – The FTSE 100 is a collection of 100 of the largest publicly-traded UK companies
- DJ EURO STOXX 50 – Euro Stoxx 50 collects together 50 of the largest European companies’ share value
- NIFTY 50 – A representation of 50 major companies traded on the National Stock Exchange of India
Our Trading Conditions page details the full range of indices on offer, including spreads, trading hours and lot sizes.
Reasons to Trade CFDs at AvaTrade.co.za
Online traders derive many benefits from trading CFDs at AvaTrade. For starters, you can buy/sell financial instruments without having to take ownership of the underlying asset. In other words, you are speculating on the future price movements of the asset. These include stocks, forex, indices and commodities.
You could place a BUY order on the NASDAQ 100 index. If the price of the index rises, you will earn the difference between the price you bought it for and the price you sold it for. However, be advised that if the price retreats you will be required to pay in the difference.
The costs are always less when you trade Contracts for Difference (CFDs) at AvaTrade.co.za. The good thing is that there are no short-sell restrictions and you have the option to enjoy leverage as high as 400:1.
Feel free to take a look at the Education Section at AvaTrade. You will find plenty of useful info on CFD trading available.
Get started with AvaTrade.co.za today and claim your welcome bonus of up to $10,000 (R150,000)