What is Gasoline?
Some people call it gas for short, but the full name for this commodity is Gasoline. It is transparent and mainly used as fuel. It is used mostly for internal combustion engines in motor vehicles and other forms of transportation. Gasoline contains benzene and other carcinogens which can enter the environment from spills, leaks, handling and storage tanks.
It’s time to try us.
Get 100.000 USD to practice.
Benefits of Trading Gasoline CFD’s with AvaTrade
- A trusted regulated broker with over 11 years industry experience
- Segregated accounts with leading international banks
- 24/5 dedicated account managers available in your language
- Get all the trading educational tools you need, to help you make your trading decisions
- Downloadable, web-based and mobile trading platforms available
- Trade on the move with AvaTradeGO and get ongoing notifications and live updates
How is it Made?
Gasoline is a flammable and hazardous liquid, produced through the refinement of petroleum and crude oil. Petroleum provides more energy to the world than any other commodity.
The US is the primary consumer of gasoline. The majority of crude oil is centralized in the Persian Gulf and also spread out around the Gulf Mexico and Alaska.
Consumers around the world can often pay more at the pump due to taxes on gasoline. Prices can also vary based on the state and provinces you find yourself in. Being an oil producing country, i.e. a place where there is no transportation cost involved, does not always guaranteed cheaper prices.
If a natural disaster hits the area where a refinery is located the consumers will notice price jumps.
What Affects the Price of Gasoline?
There are several factors combined that make up the price of gasoline. Approximately 65% of the end product price is the actual crude oil itself. Transportation and refinery costs total about 13% and then finally, getting it to a station near you adds another 11%.
The price of gasoline is priced by quality grade – regular, midgrade or premium. Refineries charge more for higher octane fuel and the most expensive is premium grade. This is because fuel with a higher-octane level is less likely to explode or ignite under compression, which matters for high performance gasoline engines.
Register today and get a welcome bonus of up to $10,000.
The retail costs components are:
- The actual cost of crude oil – Depending on where dealers are located the business costs can vary. For example, extra costs incurred are salaries, benefits, insurance, location overhead costs, equipment etc.
- Taxes – Sales tax and local and municipal governments taxes can have a significant impact on the price of gasoline. In most countries fuel tax is imposed on fuels used for transportation. This tax for most countries is considered general revenue for the country. The price differences internationally for gasoline mostly reflect the countries tax policy.
- Marketing and distribution – Most gasoline is shipped via pipeline from refineries to consuming areas and then by tanker truck to the actual gas stations. Some retail locations are owned by refineries and others are owned by independent owners or businesses. Distance and travel time can affect the overall price.
- Refining costs – These are the costs that turns crude oil into gasoline, the costs vary depending on the season and state. The costs depend on the type of gasoline being produced from the crude oil that’s used, and the processing technology available in that specific location. These costs also depend on the operations of refineries, which often depends on the weather. For example, if you find the price of gasoline higher in the summer, this is because refineries in the Gulf of Mexico can be affected by hurricanes.
Exchange that deal with gasoline future are: NYMEX
Trading hours: 23:00 – 21:59
Trading conditions at AvaTrade:
MT4 Symbol: GASOLINE
Minimum trade size: 1000
We are Here to Help You Trade Gasoline
- Start trading with as little as
- Get up to leverage
- A range of high end customizable trading platforms
- Automated trading software for algorithmic and social trading
- Use the short selling option when prices are going down
We encourage you to read more about Gasoline trading here at AvaTrade by visiting the Trading Conditions & Charges.
Join AvaTrade today & get a crazy bonus!