Trading Precious Metals
Since the beginning of time gold, silver, copper, platinum and palladium have been well known as valuable, the reason for their high value is due to their rarity. They are expensive, difficult to mine, and appreciated by industries and investors alike.
In today’s trading world, it is possible to gain profits from a commodity, such as gold without having to physically own the metal.
Join AvaTrade today & get a crazy bonus!
At AvaTrade you can easily trade gold, platinum and other precious metals online. Try metals trading with your leading regulated broker and enjoy the following benefits.
- Trade gold, platinum, palladium, silver and copper with competitive spreads
- Make bigger trades with leverage of up to
- Trade on the powerful MetaTrader5 & MetaTrader 4 platform
- Trade whichever way you think the market will go – long or short
- Trade on the go with our new mobile trade app AvaTradeGO
- Get 24/5 live client support in your language
Trade Precious Metals with AvaTrade
Which precious metals are best suited for your trading style and market knowledge? Why are they so volatile? Click on any of our links to read more on how they work and change in the markets.
Advantages of Trading Precious Metals with AvaTrade
Trading precious metals with AvaTrade can be beneficial in several ways:
- Short selling, or “going short” is a way for a trader to profit on decreasing prices. This process allows one to trade and benefit when the markets are down. Contrary to physical metals trading, trading them as CFDs, provides greater flexibility and liquidity which allows the trader to go short with less risks compared to trading the actual metals.
- High leverage allows a trader to open a much larger position with minimum investment, meaning the trader can build up and control larger sums of money. Leverage can magnify your potential profits and at the same time can magnify your losses.
- Auto trading, is a method of trading with a computer program which helps determine if a trader should buy or sell at any given time. The trader sets up the software to make certain decisions based on technical rules that it implements.
Since trades with AvaTrade are performed though our SSL secured online trading platform, it is a big advantage to assist in avoiding potential hackers and theft.
What are Precious Metals?
Precious metals are defined by their rarity, and their use as an investment vehicle (refers to any way a person or business can invest with the intention to ultimately grow their money). The term precious metals refer to the group of metals that are known to be unique and highly valuable.
Factors which have historically affected the price of gold and other precious metals have been economic, financial, and with drastic world events taking place, they have often been a haven and an asset for retaining wealth throughout history.
Precious metals also known as rare metals that have desired characteristics with unique beauty are used commonly in jewelry pieces. These metals do not rust or decay, therefore, they can last for many years.
Some incredible uses for precious metals, for example where silver is incorporated in manufacturing are; Solar energy panels, medical and surgical equipment, everyday electronics, cell phones, cameras, mirrors and many other items. Gold is often desired for jewelry, electronics, orthodontics items, since it is pliable and conducts electricity and can merge well with other metals. Popular items such as awards and medals are also made of gold.
Factors Influencing Precious Metal Trading
Several distinct factors come into play when analyzing the prices of precious metals:
- Supply – can be affected by decline in production and political instability.
- Demand – mainly comes from jewelry, use in everyday technological products, and for investment purposes
- Market Volatility – Precious metals have often been used as a safe haven investment when markets are unpredictable
Investing in precious metals is a popular way of portfolio diversification. There are several options when looking to invest starting with coins and bullions. These usually have a very low margin and trade close to the metal’s current market price.
Mining stocks belonging to publicly traded companies give an investor the opportunity to buy them at the production level.
ETFs serve the purpose for investors looking to have a mixture of exposures to precious metals mining companies, and metals complex. There are a range of choices like funds in specific areas, or globally, large mining producers or smaller ones.
As global economies improve, precious metal prices seem to have taken a hit since fewer investors feel the need to look for a safe haven. However, when times are tough people globally go looking for the safe bet of a precious metal bar.
As a client of AvaTrade you will receive regular market reports and live, streaming news updates as well as all the analysis of the latest moves in the metals markets.
How AvaTrade Can Help?
Join AvaTrade for as little as and start trading gold and other metals today. Not only can you earn a sign-up bonus of up to $10,000, depending on your initial deposit, but you’ll get access to a range of advantages and benefits that are exclusive to AvaTrade clients.
We offer a range of intuitive and customizable platforms, including automated trading solutions, so you are guaranteed to find the trading environment that suits your style. You can trade gold and other commodities on the same screen as your forex trades, buy and sell directly from live charts, and set stops and limits in order to protect your capital.
AvaTrade also offers award-winning customer support, in more than 15 languages, whenever the markets are open.
The best way to trade precious metals in 4 easy steps
- Open a trading account with AvaTrade
- Fund your account
- Choose precious metals to trade
- Start Trading
Metals Trading and Forex
Metals trading at AvaTrade is easy to understand, especially if you have already gained some experience with the forex market. Adding forex to your portfolio diversifies it and allows you to build strategies based on correlation between assets (e.g. precious metals and currencies). You can even hedge you precious metals positions with FX options trading.
Register today and get a welcome bonus of up to $10,000.